Do you have good-quality photos taken in Birch Bay? BBWARM and the Birch Bay Chamber are looking for photos to use in our community outreach materials. Winners will each receive a prize pack with offerings from local Birch Bay businesses. We will choose one winner for each of the following categories:
- Scenery (e.g. Birch Bay at sunset)
- Events & Activities (e.g. flying kites at the kite festival, digging clams with your family)
- Local Businesses (e.g. ice cream at The C Shop)
- Stewardship (e.g. cleaning the beach, planting native landscaping at home)
- Wildlife (e.g. marine life during low tide)
Photo submission form: https://forms.gle/EQqXmxeq15X2kfYTA
Terms and Conditions of Participation:
- Photos entered into the Birch Bay Photo Contest must be from Birch Bay, Washington. Entries will be accepted between February 15th and March 15th, 2023.
- Photos must be high quality for printing, with good lighting and composition. If there are people’s faces in your photo, please only include yourself and/or family members who have given consent to the Photo Use Agreement. Photos containing faces of people other than family members will be disqualified, as they cannot be used in outreach materials.
- Photos will be judged in five categories: scenery, events & activities, local business, stewardship, and wildlife.
- Whatcom County and Birch Bay Chamber staff will select one winner for each category. The winners will be announced by March 29th, 2023. Each individual is only eligible to win one prize pack. Winners will be notified by e-mail. Prizes will be available for pickup at the Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- Photos submitted may be used in future outreach and education materials, including but not limited to posters, flyers, websites, and e-newsletters.
If you have any questions please email SWVolunteer@co.whatcom.wa.us