39th Annual Birch Bay Sand Sculpture Competition!
Get ready to dig in. It’s amazing how, with a little imagination, the beach at Birch Bay transforms in to a series of sandcastles and sculptures. This event is a great opportunity for businesses to get together with employees and build a “Business Sculpture.” Have some fun and see what you might come up with! Use sand, water and any other natural materials found at the beach to construct your sculptures. This event is open to individuals, teams, schools, families…everyone!
Its always a fun day on the beach! Come on out and let your imagination run wild!
Pre registration is now closed, but lots of beach still remains! Check in at the Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce Event Trailer located at the Birch Bay Library Property to register – starting at 9:00 am! Get your beauty rest!
2022 Sand Sculpture Rules
- Plots are up to 20’x20′. work must be confined to this area.
- Plot must be clearly marked with colored stake designation division. (Stake will be given at check in)
- Extra water to wet sand is OK
- Tools or forms of any sort may be used in the process of construction, but may not support the structure.
- Decorations such as flags, kites, figurines, ornaments natural to design, may be used, but may not support structure.
- You must clean your area! Only biodegradable and earth friendly materials are allowed to be left on the beach.
- Children’s categories: One Adult may assist with initial digging, not with actual building.
- The main thing is to have fun and enjoy the day in Birch Bay!
- After judging stake must be turned in and area cleaned up to receive any awards earned
** PLEASE NOTE: ALL DOGS ON THE BEACH NEED TO BE ON AN 8′ OR LESS LEASH! PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET!**
We look forward to receiving any video clips or photos taken at our event. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EVENT INFORMATION