Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce – Job Description
Job title: Visitor Center Coordinator
Location:Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information Center: New Location: 4819 Alderson Rd., Unit 103, Blaine, WA 98230
Requirements: This is a temporary position that could possibly become a permanent position. Between 14 and 18 hours per week. Job requires working Saturday & Sunday. A general knowledge of the Birch Bay Area and Whatcom County is a must. Reliable personal transportation
About us: The purpose of the Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce is to promote, encourage and coordinate cooperation and civil exchange between all elements of the community; and to promote, enhance and advocate for the civic, commercial, economic, recreational, and general welfare interests of the Birch Bay area. Our Visitor Information Center receives thousands of visitors & requests annually.
The Role: The responsibilities of the Visitor Center Coordinator are dynamic and are subject to change based on the requirements of the business and endeavors of the Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information Center. The Visitor Center Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director. The Visitor Center Coordinator is responsible for keeping the Visitor Center open on weekends, keeping track of visitor counts, working with Whatcom County Tourism and other local and some not so local organizations for ordering materials for the Visitor Center. Light cleaning & organizing is required.
Responsibilities: Daily Visitor Center Coordination Tasks Including:
- Assisting visitors with their vacations.
- Providing great customer service is a must.
- A strong knowledge of the Birch Bay and Whatcom County and what is happening in the local area is helpful.
- Answering phone calls.
- Checking emails, voicemail.
- Making packets of information for people interested in printed local area info.
- Ordering brochures and other materials from a variety of locations.
- This involves calling and emailing.
- Organizing brochures and materials. Creating materials when needed.
- Adding community events to our event calendar.
- Tabulating visitor counts and keeping visitor records accurate and complete.
Candidate Requirements: Basic Computer Skills or ability and willingness to learn new systems. Proficiency with Excel is necessary. Good customer service skills, always being respectful when assisting visitors in person and through written communication. We are looking for a reliable, organized and creative employee.